Friday, June 28, 2019

Movie: Annabelle Comes Home


If you look closely at the movie poster, spoilers.

So been a while since I’ve seen a decent horror movie. I think the last movie that gave me chills was Annabelle Creation. (The scene where the freickin nun pushed the girl’s wheelchair, wtf man...) Then, Hollywood tried to make one horror after another and brutally failed.

Annabelle Comes Home is the 6th (I think) movie in the Conjuring universe, and the 3rd in the Annabelle Spin-offs. What I liked about this movie is that it strays from the format of its predecessors, and could do well enough as a stand alone. I love how the writers didn’t rely on typical random jump scares and used total silence to give you goosebumps. I mean there were times in the movie when it was too quiet, you’d think there’d be a scream or a bang or something jumping out from somewhere, but nothing. It’s just your adrenaline and heartbeat driving you crazy. Good job, Mr Director. And then there are moments when you’re totally unprepared and almost jumped out of your seats. True story.

So i’m not gonna be saying much about the plot of the movie. Gila seram! At least for me. I felt like I was in a Haunted House ride in some theme park that lasted more than 1 hour. The spirits/ghost/monsters were designed and created cleverly to give you just enough chills, not revealing too much. The easter eggs were awesome, look out for em, and the movie provided enough materials for a gazillion spin-offs.

Overall, an entertaining simple(ish) horror movie, if you’re into that kinda thing.

8/10 from both of us.





No comments:

Post a Comment