Thursday, July 4, 2019

Foodie - Niko Niko Onigiri (Sri Petaling)

Niko Niko Onigiri Sri Petaling Branch

A friend of mine suggested this place claiming it's good and has unique choices of dishes served. So, here we are, at their Sri Petaling branch where it all started. 




I've decided to go for their 2 Onigiri Set with Raw Salmon and Tanuki as their Onigiri choices. As for the drinks I only had Japanese Green Tea as it goes well with any food I ate so far. 


2 Onigiri Set w/ Raw Salmon & Tanuki
Here you go, the 2 Onigiri Set that I ordered. Besides the 2 onigiri, it also came with Mashed Potato and Chicken Cutlets complete with Miso Soup. Here's what I think about the dish:


2 Onigiri Set, Top View


Overall Rating: 7/10

Taste Wise: Raw Salmon tasted good each time I took a bite at it but not so great for the Tanuki. This one's a bit dull and almost tasteless to the point I almost regretted ordering it. Mashed Potato was okay but that Chicken Cutlets was slightly cold as if they just cooked it yesterday. Lucky for this dish, it was saved by that Miso Soup. 
Presentation: Good food arrangements, they made sure the 2 Onigiris were the main star of the dish. 
Price: Costed me RM14.90 along with that Japanese Tea which was adequate for its portion.

That shall be my honest review for this dish, of course you could try other dishes as well should you decided to head over here or other branches that's convenient for you. 

Stay tuned to our next review.




1 comment:

  1. I used to go to niko niko onigiri in kampar. Sadly they closed down due to unpopularity among the kamparians. Best onigiri in town yet no longer can savour it. Okaka tastes better than tanuki

    ReplyDelete