Thursday, July 18, 2019

Movie : After

I honestly had no idea why I was even tempted to watch this Netflix original. I guess because it’s on Netflix, it has to be good, right? The promo said “...mix between Twilight and Shades of Grey...” Two movies I passionately hate and yet there I was, watching “After” like it had class or something.


Plotwise? Lame. Acting? Sucks.

The movie was so predictable you would cringe at every sentence. It took me two separate viewings to finish it for the sake of this review. Story short, it was supposedly a “love story” between a boring (supposedly) college girl with a “bad boy” just like every teen flick.

So like I said predictable. She dumped her high school boyfriend to be with the bad boy, turned out bad boy was on a bet to own her, she found out, they fought, he told her the “love” was real bla bla bla... they ended up together anyways.

A BAD, TERRIBLE moral story for young girls.

I felt like the movie is trying hard to tell young girls that it’s okay to give your body to a bad boys because they really are sincerely in love with you.

bullshit.

That’s what I think about the movie plot, and everything it tries to tell us. Sorry. Not my kinda movie.
A 1/10 for me. Because still better than any Malay movie lol.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha i couldn't agree more. After watching the trailer, i have concluded that the movie will suck to the fullest. Okay babe.... Next stranger things lak woottt

    ReplyDelete